[SI-LIST] Question about "Multi-terminal networks" element in H-SPICE

  • From: "Geping Liu" <geping@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:20:16 -0600

Hi, Group,
        I have a question about the usage of "multi-terminal networks" element
in
H-SPICE.

        (1) I need to put two frequency-dependent impedances in both ends of a
transmission line (1 wire W Element). Thus, I used "Scattering Parameter
Element" in H-SPICE to describe the two impedances. In this model, I
specifies 1601 data points (frequency range 10 M Hz to 600 M Hz). The format
is like that:

         .MODEL fmod_load sp N=1 FSTART=10e6 FSTOP=600e6
          + SPACING=LINEAR
          + DATA = 1601
          * real part    imaginary part
          + ...                 ...
          + ...                 ...

         *the 1601th point
         + ...                 ...

        However, the simulation result seems not correct.

        (2) Therefore,  I plan to use another more simple example to test the
validness of the "S-parameter Element". Two frequency-independent
inductances are used as terminations at both ends of the same transmission
line. Since we know the characteristic impedance of the transmission line,
and the impedance values of the terminations, we can obtain the "equivalent
S-parameter" of the two terminations.

        Test1:  I directly used two "inductance elements" in H-SPICE to get
results.

        Test2: I used two "equivalent S-parameter Elements" to replace the two
inductances in H-SPICE.

        The results in the two cases are different.

        (3) Does it mean that the "S-parameter Element" of H-SPICE is invalid to
represent the frequency-dependant loads.

        Anyone who has such experiences or know the reasons about these
problems,
please give me some nice suggestions. Your kind help will be highly
appreciated.

thanks,
Geping Liu

List archives are viewable at: