[SI-LIST] Re: Power planes

  • From: Geoff Stokes <gstokes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:00:03 +0100

You can get accurate values of Zo and delay from TXLINE a free calculator
available from AWR, associated with their main product, Microwave Office:

http://mwoffice.com/products/

In this you use the bulk Er (at high frequency).  For microstrip, you don't
need to know the effective Er but it's calculated for you anyway.

The Rogers web site also gives a useful calculator.  Isn't this fun!  The
computer people have turned into microwave engineers!

Cheers
Geoff

Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world

http://www.zetex.com

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

List archives are viewable at: