[SI-LIST] Re: Port Extension Algorithm

  • From: <mike_resso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Randol@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:51:28 -0600

Hi Mark,

VNA calibration is quite flexible, but it's important to know which type =
of error correction to use at the right time. Understanding =
de-embedding, port rotation, time domain gating, SOLT, TRL, LRM, =
normalization and a host of others can be a daunting task. We just =
finished a good app note on this subject called, " Signal Integrity =
Analysis Series Part 3: The ABCs of De-Embedding". To check it out, go =
here:

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/redirector.jspx?action=3Dref&cname=3D=
AGILENT_EDITORIAL&ckey=3D1224306&lc=3Deng&cc=3DUS

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mike

Mike Resso