[SI-LIST] Re: Paper on BGA crosstalk and power system

Mark, I went through the PDF, and it seemed a very level presentation.

One possible enhancement would be to program the Altera drivers to match
the Xilinx drivers as closely as possible.  This would reduce any doubts
that anyone might express about parity in the test conditions, despite the
fact that the paper notes and appears to have carefully accounted for same.

My only criticism is of that unsavory character appearing next to Dr.
Johnson in one of the photos.  Once you take pictures like that, the next
thing you know, you'll be letting that Weir guy into the building.

Regards,

Steve.
At 09:05 AM 3/2/2005 -0800, Mark Alexander wrote:
>Hey all,
>Some of you may have already attended this, but I wanted to draw your
>attention to a WebCast seminar and accompanying paper that was released
>yesterday.  The topic is a joint study by Xilinx and SigCon (Howard
>Johnson) of crosstalk and power system noise in FPGA systems.
>
>The paper:
>http://www.xilinx.com/products/virtex4/pdfs/BGA_Crosstalk.pdf
>
>The archived WebCast (might not be available until tomorrow):
>http://www.xilinx.com/events/webcasts/tol/01feb05.htm#3
>
>The WebCast is a full hour with Q&A at the end; the paper /seems /long
>but is actually pretty easy to read.  I especially like Howard's
>explanation of the crosstalk model of power system noise and why it's
>appropriate to the large BGA scenario.
>
>I'd be very interested to hear feedback from people on the list --
>factors we didn't consider, overall usefulness of the information
>presented, ideas for future studies on the same measurement platform.
>
>Thanks!
>mark

>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help: