[SI-LIST] Re: PDN Question

  • From: "Han, Guobing" <han.guobing@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:35:57 +0800

Hi Joel,
    The effective frequency provided is from the formula
f=1/2/pi/sqrt(ESL*C) .    However,in practical, the loop inductance is
greater than ESL and so dominate the real resonant frequency.
   Thus, the formula should be modified by
f=1/2/pi/sqrt((Lloop+ESL)*C) . Please change the 100nF to 10nF, 1nF,
even 0.1nF may help to your designs.

Thanks,
Guobing

Thanks,