[SI-LIST] Re: PCIe routing

  • From: Jory McKinley <jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lambert Simonovich <bertsimonovich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxx>, Girish Gopi <girish.gopi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 06:55:25 -0700 (PDT)

 Jory McKinley
McKinley Consulting
e-mail: jory_mckinley@xxxxxxxxx
phone: (774)-285-2859

Hello Bert,
Your rough calculations are about right but remember its not the bit rate but
the edge rate we are concerned with (and subsequent frequency content) of the
PCIE signals which at 30ps (close to 20Ghz meaningful energy content) minimum
edge rates give cause of concern for these via transitions.
If we did not have the edge rate information available then we could assume
that frequencies up to about 5 times the bit rate would be a concern which in
this case would be roughly 25GHz.
Regards,
-Jory

From: Lambert Simonovich <bertsimonovich@xxxxxxxxxx>