[SI-LIST] Re: PCI-X 1.0a simulation

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:41:55 -0800

Forget about IBIS model or any model. I have come across at least two =
PCIX bridges that has undocumented impedance control. How on earth a =
single IBIS or even SPICE model can describe it when you can change the =
reference resistor to affect the drive strength ? I can tweak the =
reference resistor to make it work from 100MHz to 133MHz with =
multi-loads but I have no way of simulating it.
To make it more fun, some brilliant I/O designer decided to update his =
drive strength while the driver is active. Makes it fun to design those =
weak pull ups.=20