[SI-LIST] PCB solder current carrying capacity

  • From: "Gumaste, Vijaylaxmi" <Vijaylaxmi.Gumaste@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:03:20 -0700

Hi,

I want to determine current carrying capacity of solder pads - effect of solder
material/ land-pad size for very high current applications (>5A-10A per solder
pad)

I can use IPC spec to design appropriate metal layer trace widths/thickness for
a required temp rise.

However, I am looking at options to estimate/calculate/simulate current
carrying capacity for solder pads.

-Vijaya.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net