[SI-LIST] Re: PCB layer stackup

  • From: Ed Linke <ed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: symon_brewer@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:24:48 -0500

Hi Stuart,

    Your stackup #2 is the correct choice to prevent warpage especially
if this is a substrate for a device package with buildup outer layers.

    In stackup #1 with build up technology, layers #4 and 5 are the core
layers. With routing on 1 layer, it stress relieves that layer cousing
possible warpage. In Stackup #2 layers 4 and 5 are balanced and cancel
one another.

    The outer layers with buildup technology are of less concern.

    Ed. L.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org