[SI-LIST] Re: Op-Amp

  • From: "o. laney" <olaney@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: codymiller@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 22:03:57 -0800

Sometimes there is charm in a simple emitter follower, notwithstanding
that biasing a simple transistor to compensate for the diode drop seems
to be vanishing knowledge.  You would want an Ft around 1.5 GHz or a bit
higher and layout to match, but not lots higher unless you are into
impromptu oscillator design.  Stability will depend on proper
termination.  Are you sure you wouldn't prefer a gain of 2 with a
backmatch resistor in series?

Orin Laney

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:51:31 -0700 <codymiller@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> All,
>
> I am looking for a unity gain amplifier solution that has a
> bandwidth of
> 500 MHz or higher if possible. I need to be able to drive a 50 ohm
> load.
> The voltage range needed is around +-5V maybe smaller if necessary.
>
> Any component/circuit suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Cody

> field

> List technical documents are available at: