[SI-LIST] Re: NELCO N-13ep HiTg > 170C

  • From: Richard Jungert <r_jungert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <wftinghi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bdempsey85@xxxxxxxxx>, <costel_t@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 18:28:00 -0700

Steve.

Thats all basic VSWR stuff where you combine the impedance mismatch on the
source with the mismatch on the end to calculate the total signal loss in the
system.

We did not build a 100 ohm differential system, it was a 50 ohm system.  Simply
put our customer wanted accuracy, so we took the exta time to build it with
tighter tolerances. We did pretty much what they wanted and they paid for it.
Sometimes customers are picky about certain things and one just has no choice
but to give what they want.

I agree with you totally when it comes to 100 ohm differential. But 50 Ohm
stuff requires more precision for fast TDR testing apps. 100 ohm differential
stuff is almost a no brainer, its real solid, low loss, noise cancelling
technology. Throw it together and it works kind of stuff.  There is still alot
of 50 ohm equipment around these days.

By the way if anyone wants a good wideband, multi-channel 100 ohm diff cable
shoot me an email and I will give info.

I used to test Digital Microwave Radios for ISI in baseband circuits, VSWR on
the RF side and EB/NO in the digital reciever.

Richard Jungert

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: