[SI-LIST] Modeling Cable

  • From: Srivats Partha <vats123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:34:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Gurus
I have a pasternac RG 400/U cable. We are using  this to hook a 3 ghz scope to
a CDM  ESD tester. I want to model this cable in Cadence environment . I have
used the LMG tool in cadence previously , it does not seem to have a option to
model co axial cable, the tool has options to model only a strip line, micro
stripline , CPW and a sub loss  line. Under what category should I put this RG
400/U cable , Is it a coaxial cable? If so any hints on generating a RLCG
matrix for this cable so that I could plug into the MTLINE model in spectre
environment and use it for simulations? else any suggestions on how I should go
about modeling this structure?
Regards
Srivats

--
I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. AE

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: