[SI-LIST] Re: Mode conversion

  • From: Ben Rothchild <benrothchild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Knighten, Jim L" <JK100005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:05:04 -0800 (PST)

Jim,

Thank you for the inputs. I have just cut
a part of reply here below.

> One beauty of the differential transmission line is
> that the differential
> signal is very loosely coupled to the common-mode
> signal.  What I mean by
> that is that you can introduce significant imbalance
> and produce a lot of
> common-mode, but you will find that the differential
> signal is only slightly
> effected.  I can show you some evidence of this, if
> you are interested.

I would be more than happy to receive the material
you have mentioned above. However are you refering
to common mode range of the differential receiver
which allows considerable common mode signal on the
inputs and yet recover the differential signal
or
Is your explanation here limited to the differential
transmission line part of it.

Regards,

Ben
--- "Knighten, Jim L"