[SI-LIST] Lower epsilon achieves lower crosstalk

  • From: Liu Xike <xike.silist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:46:55 +0800

We could achieve lower crosstalk by using dielectric with lower
permittivity, while keeping *Z0* as a constant.

I'm new in SI, my understanding about this question is:

If we use dielectric with lower permittivity while keeping *Z0* as a

We need to reduce *h *to maintain a constant *C*, because *C*= *epsilon***w*
/*h*, and *Z0*=1/*vp*/*C*.

Since *Z0* = sqrt(*L/C*), to keep* Z0* as a constant, the stripe line need
to adjust it?s current distribution to maintain a constant *L*.

Considering the loop area decrease because *h* is reduced, the current
distribution should be more tighter to maintain a constant *L*.

Finally the tighter current distribution on the returning pass results in
the reduction of the cross talk.

Are these correct? I will appreciate your help

Best Regards

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: