[SI-LIST] Limiting number of nodes in HSPICE .probe output files

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:17:28 -0400

I feel kind of silly asking this if it was asked and answered already.
It seems familiar but I don't remember an answer.

I have a .PROBE statement in my HSPICE simulation, and I want the darn
program to list the data for ONLY those nodes that I put in the .PROBE
statement.  As I do in all my simulations, I have ".OPTION PROBE", which
works to limit the nodes to those requested when doing a transient
analysis.  However, I am doing a DC sweep this time.

I want it to list only three (3) node voltages.  Instead, it shows me
502 node voltages!

Furthermore, the vast majority of those 502 nodes, are duplicates!

Did I screw up, or is this just another example of how HSPICE is screwed
up?

(Or wait, is this another of those "It's not a bug, that's the way it's
supposed to work" ?)

Thanks,
Andy

List archives are viewable at: