[SI-LIST] Re: Language conventions

  • From: "John Thomas" <jthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 16:20:47 -0600

I remember going over this in the DC circuits class.  The discussion covered
naming conventions in specifications, though:  vOH, tAC, VDD, etc.  In each
of these, the case, upper/lower, of the first letter indicated the parameter
as AC/DC, respectively.

In regard to the word I've seen it both ways, but I think capitalization is
correct when it is named after a person.  I also notice in Nilsson's
'Electric Circuits' that he has the letter capitalized whether AC or DC:
5V, 3A, 2W, etc.

Best Regards,

John Thomas