[SI-LIST] Re: LVDS to TTL converter

  • From: Steven Kan <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:55:11 -0700

> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:42:17 +0530
> Subject: [SI-LIST] LVDS to TTL converter
> From: prasad <hariprasad.palli@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi All,
> for one of my application , i would require some kind of adapter which can
> convert to LVDS signal  to TTL signal over a frequency range upto 675Mhz.
>
> can you please suggest if there is any off the shelf component which i can
> use?

Venkat,

Are you looking for a chip-level solution or a box-level solution? Do
you need 675 megabit data rate or 675 MHz toggle rate?

675 MHz toggle rate is awfully fast for a true TTL signal. What type of
receiver are you driving, and/or what voltage levels do you have to
achieve at the receiver?

At the chip level we have used both National DS90LV032ATMTC and
Fairchild FIN1032MTC with good results (quad LVDS receiver, LVTTL
outputs), but these are only rated up to 400 Mbps/200 MHz. Looking at
their websites I don't see anything faster than that.

If you need a box-level solution, we offer this module:

http://www.pulseresearchlab.com/products/logic_trans/425N_T/prl-425.htm

It will make TTL levels (2 V/50 Ohms) up to 300 MHz toggle rate, and
will toggle with reduced amplitude into the ~500 MHz range (though
that's not guaranteed).
--
Steven Kan                                (p) 310-515-5330 x24
Pulse Research Lab                        (f) 310-515-0068

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: