[SI-LIST] Re: LC values for IBIS generation: mutual, self, or both?

  • From: Neeraj Pendse <cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:15:48 -0800

Aaron,

That depends completely on the model provider. I would be very
suspicious however, if one is giving out models with L+M and C+CM added
together. One more thing to watch out for is whether the inductance
reported is partial or loop inductance - in places where mutuals are
absolutely not provided, using loop inductance might be a better idea
that partial inductance, though.

A general caution: if you think ground bounce and crosstalk in the
package is significant, then using the IBIS models could be very
inaccurate to say the least. I suggest you obtain a SPICE model of the
package from your vendor, attach it to a driver IBIS model with the RLC
zeroed out, and perform the simulation.

Good luck,

Neeraj

--
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive, M/S 19-100

> Aaron Frank wrote:
>
> Hello IBIS Experts,
>
> Can somebody tell me whether mutual and self L and C are summed for lumped
> RLC parameters in IBIS models (under [Pins]) or are just the self L & C
> reported?
>
> thnx
> AAron

List archives are viewable at: