[SI-LIST] Re: LA probes

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: anand.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:40:37 -0700

Anand, if a static logic high level is getting dragged down, then you
have some fundamental problem like a terminator enabled in the probe or
perhaps the FPGA input buffer that you do not intend or even a trace
short.  First find out if this is due to the LA or not.  If the problem
appears only with the LA connected then check your manuals to insure you
have:  a correctly selected and functioning probe head, that is set-up
properly.  If the problem appears without the LA connected, then you
likely have:

* Misprogrammed FPGA that has terminators enabled within the FPGA I/O cells
* Bus contention
* A wiring problem

Steve

SRINIVASAN ANAND-B06739 wrote:
> I have mapped to CMOS logic family. The probe impedance is 20K. I am
> seeing a voltage of 2.0 V on a static pin on which I was expecting 3.3V.

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: