[SI-LIST] Re: Jitter transfer vs. accumulation

  • From: <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <art_porter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:47:08 -0600

True, but I would argue that the probability of a 1000-year TIE (or even =
several UIs of TIE) is so small (if indeed possible) that it isn't worth =
taking into consideration.=20

If you restrict yourself to extending the Gaussian distribution to the =
bit error rate you're trying to achieve, it is probably as good a =
mathematical model as you can get.   =20

Art