[SI-LIST] Internal Inductance

  • From: "Craig Clewell" <cclewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:27:57 -0800

Does anybody out there have an equation handy to calculate the internal
inductance of a square, rectangle, or any other object that is not
round?  I already know that the internal L of a round wire is (u*length)
/ (8*pi), but I'm not looking at using a round wire.  I've read that it
should be about 20% of the external inductance, however I want to dial
it in better than that.  I'm so used to neglecting this, that I know
find myself at a "loss".....ok...that wasn't funny :>)

Thanks for sharing....

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: