[SI-LIST] Re: Inexpensive SI software

  • From: Jeff Sutherland <jeffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:28:00 -0500

I've been doing a bunch of simulations on a large board using Cadstar version
11, works ok when loading IBIS files.  It doesn't support the latest IBIS
package interconnect models though, I think that's giving me some
inaccuracies at high frequencies on these Intel parts.  But it does support
IBIS EBD models.  I plugged in a 1Gb SODIMM EBD module model I downloaded
from Micron Technology and was able to probe signals from the die pads inside
an Intel Northbridge chip all the way to the die pads of the SDRAMs on the
module.  That was pretty cool.  But Cadstar is not inexpensive unfortunately.
Little much for the individual operator but pretty reasonable for a small
company.

- -Jeff

On Saturday 16 January 2010, Lee Ritchey wrote:
> This is a pretty good assessment of both tools.
>
> Lee

- --
F.O.M. Systems, Inc.   http://www.fomsystems.com
phone:  (USA) +1-330-230-7520 or 800-936-0561
mobile: (USA) +1-330-802-1364, (World) +44-7793-827386, Skype: Adekguru
And He saith unto them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
(Matthew 4:19)

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: