[SI-LIST] Inexpensive SI software

I've been doing some freelance PCB layout using a low cost PCB CAD software
(Cadsoft's EAGLE).  I'm
getting into situations designing denser 4 layer boards where it would handy to
use an SI tool.  I'm
concerned about rise/fall times of 1 - 2 ns or faster signals, crosstalk, the
effects of long
traces, and switching layers (top to bottom), etc.  I've download the HyperLynx
demo (BoardSim &
LineSIM), and it looks really cool.  But I can't actually use the demo to
anything real.  And I
suspect I can't afford it.  I'd like to spend no more than $4K(USD).  As an
alternative, I've
considered buying Altium's Designer software ($4K) that claims to have built-in
SI abilities.  Are
Altium's SI features any good?

Suggestions, anyone?

List technical documents are available at: