[SI-LIST] IIP3 analysis with netlists having nport statements

  • From: Amitava Bhaduri <bhadhua@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:59:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am facing a problem when doing Cadence Spectre simulation for IIP3
analysis on a netlist that has "nport" statements modeling the
interconnects of a circuit. As an example I am giving the nport statement
of a 2 port network that I have in my netlist below:

simulator lang=spectre
model sp_data1 nport file="spNport1.data"
//Components
X1 (a1 a2 b1 b2 ) sp_data1

The file "spNport1.data" contains the s-parameters (2x2 matrix) of the
interconnects (a1 to a2 and b1 to b2) as a 2-port network.
The netlist has other elements like resistors, transistors, inductors and
capacitors connected to each other to form an LNA topology. There are
other "nport" statements too for other connectivities but I have given an
instace with 2 nets connecting a few of the components.

When I simulate the entire netlist for doing the IIP3 analysis I get an
error like this:

Error found by spectre during periodic steady state analysis `pss1'.
    Distributed components and components with hidden state are not
allowed
        with this analysis -- analysis skipped.
                nport

Analysis `pss1' terminated prematurely due to error.
As pss and pac analysis are essential to do the IIP3 analysis, I am not
sure how to avoid this error from happening and to determine IIP3 of a
netlist that has "nport" statements describing the interconnects.

Can anyone of you help me on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Amitava

Amitava Bhaduri