[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS-ISS ver. 1.0 now available!

Hello,

I have not followed the IBIS-ISS development, but on a first look this
seems to be able to the better solution compared to .ebd.
Is IBIS-ISS intended to replace .ebd ?
Or are there still situations where .ebd is required?

I would be happy if tool vendors would comment on thier current and
planned implementations in IBIS-ISS ...

thanks and regards

Hermann

Our next Events:
================

Signal Ingegrity Seminar "Open the Black Box of Signal Integrity"
at TH Aalen on 29th October 2011

Visit us on Embedded World 2012
Our location Hall 1 / Booth 509

Check our website or contact us for details

EKH - EyeKnowHow
Hermann Ruckerbauer
www.EyeKnowHow.de
Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Veilchenstrasse 1
94554 Moos
Tel.:   +49 (0)9938 / 902 083
Mobile: +49 (0)176  / 787 787 77
Fax:    +49 (0)3212 / 121 9008

schrieb Mirmak, Michael:
> The IBIS Open Forum is pleased to announce that the IBIS Interconnect SPICE
> Subcircuit (IBIS-ISS) specification ver. 1.0 has been released and it is now
> officially available!
>
> IBIS-ISS is intended as a universal specification for description of
> interconnects, including PCB traces, connectors, cables and related elements,
> using subcircuits structured according to a tool-agnostic SPICE definition.
> Touchstone network parameters and tabular W-elements are supported.
>
> The IBIS Open Forum is grateful to Synopsys for their kind donation of
> documentation related to HSPICE for use as the basis for the development of
> IBIS-ISS as a non-proprietary industry-wide format.
>
> The IBIS-ISS specification document may be downloaded at the link below:
>
>       http://www.eda.org/ibis/ibis-iss_ver1.0/ibis-iss_ver1_0.pdf
>
> Questions and comments are welcome.  Thanks to the participants in the IBIS
> Interconnect Task Group as well as those in the industry who provided input,
> comments and suggestions!
>
>  - Michael Mirmak
>    Intel Corp.
>    Chair, IBIS Open Forum