[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS Model error

  • From: "Jon Powell" <jonpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:49:26 -0800

Chris,
you should go take a look at the IBIS spec to make sure I am right about
this but....

One of the problems we had when we were writing IBIS was trying to condense
many corners (fast, slow, hot, cold, big, little, etc) into just 3. I don't
remember why we chose 3 when it would have been just as easy for us to
choose N, but we did. So there. Anyway, I think we decided that MIN was fast
and MAX was slow (in general) and there are recommendations in the IBIS spec
on how to achieve this.
But I do agree that TYP should somehow be in between MIN and MAX.

jon