[SI-LIST] I have a question related package parasitic extraction.

  • From: KD KIM <realbalm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 15:58:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
I have a question and be happy to write to you.

I have simulation the structure composed of only one bonding wire and one lead,
using FEM commercial solver, Ansoft Spicelink like below for extraction
parasitic values,
R, L, and C.

I have simulated for below three cases.

1. the structure contained only one bonding wire
2. the structure contained only one lead
3. the structure composed of one wire and one lead

I think the value for case 3 equal to the values case 1 added case 2.
But the result was not. The difference was about 16% for the Resistance.
Of course, other parasitic values also have some differences considerably.
Is this difference resulted from the defect of the FEM commercial solver?
I want to know that what do you think about it?
Please reply to my e-mail.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: