[SI-LIST] Re: Hspice differential Tline

  • From: Raymond.Leung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:17:35 +1000

Tim,

I think you are more concerned with the characteristics of the
driver than the physical of the T-lines.  Then why not use U
element?  Defining a T-line with level=3 plev=1 elev=3 is very
handy and you don't have to face the traditional T element
problems.

Regards,
Raymond

timoceous <timoceous@xxxxxxxxx> on 15/10/2003 10:32:28

Please respond to timoceous@xxxxxxxxx

To:   si <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:    (bcc: Raymond Leung/sdc)

Subject:  [SI-LIST] Hspice differential Tline

Hi Guru,

   I would like to know if there is a way to
connect the hspice "T" element (ideal) to model
differential transmission line.  For instance, model
a pair of LVDS Tline.  I have tried but got lots
of reflection/ringing at the output.  Here is what
I have tried:

T1 Doutp GND VOP GND Z0=100.0 TD=500E-12 +IC=0.0 0.0
0.0 0.0
T2 Doutn GND VON GND Z0=100.0 TD=500E-12 +IC=0.0 0.0
0.0 0.0

Rpa VOP VON 100

Note: Doutp/n are the LVDS driver output.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at: