[SI-LIST] Re: How to model Isolation transformer

  • From: earl albin <earlalbin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sirishe prathap <prathapsirishe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:25:44 -0700

Prathap.:
Certainly you'll get all kinds of answers in terms of order of magnitude
compleity WRT core material properties over frequency/temperature and flux
swing (more I'm sure). In addition capacitice effects turn-turn,
winding-winding, coupling, essentially a Disertation.

I'll send you a diagram showing how to make a SPICE model, the net list for
both Schematic A & B. These will be reasonably accurate for the ethernet
transformer you are looking at. Also if you have decent impedance analyzer,
you can adjust the values in the model to closely match the values you
measure with the anayzer.

EA

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:52 AM, sirishe prathap
<prathapsirishe@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi all,
> Could anyone tell me what are the ways to model an isolation transformer
> for
> simulation?
>
> Here is an example of the one for your reference -
> http://www.haloelectronics.com/pdf/smd10baset.pdf
>
> Thanks in advance for your time.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Prathap.