[SI-LIST] Re: How to do crystal simulation

  • From: "Haixiao Weng" <haixiao.weng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lurker <lurker_li@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:45:42 -0500

I never use the E element to simulate the crystal. Your problem may come
from the phase. Here, the crystal_in and crystal_out has the same phase
(controlled by the VCVS). I believe they should be 180 degree different.

You may also need to consider the DC feedback. Usually, a resonator has a
feedback resistor such as 500Kohm but a crystal doesn't have. Suppose you
use a CMOS inverter as the amplifier, you need a feedback resistor.

Regards,
Haixiao

On 6/19/08, Lurker <lurker_li@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Beal,
>
> I'm li. Please check the script. It doesn't work.
>
> *Crystal sim
>
> .option acct post list
>
> .param cu=2
> E1 a1 0 a4 0 max=+3.3 min=0 cu