[SI-LIST] Re: How to do crystal simulation

  • From: "Pommerenke, David" <davidjp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lijingdea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:54:48 -0500

Let me reply just to you, not to the list. Please pass it on to HaiXiao.

The circuit is a typical circuit for an XTAL. The feedback of 1 MOhm may =
or maynot be good. Often much different values are used, like 500 Ohm, =
much lower. This depends on the inverter logic family that you use to =
make the oscillator. If the delay of the inverter is not modeled well, =
your circuit may not oscillate.=20

David Pommerenke

   Dr. David Pommerenke
   Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST), former name: UMR
   118 EECH, 301 W. 16th Street, Rolla, MO 65409-0040
   573 341 4531, cell: 573 308 2019