From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] =
On Behalf Of ? ?
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:40 AM
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: How to do crystal simulation

Hi David and Haixiao
  =20
  Thank you!=20
  I just got the crystal internal circuit.  It's  L. C. R in serial and =
parallel with a C.
  I will have a try in Hspice with a initialized capacitor or inductor.=20
  The outside circuit is two capacitor( both of them is about 22ps) =
connected crystal's output and input with a R(1Mohm) in parallel.
   I don't have ADS tool. So I can't use it. If necessory I will release =
the Hspice simulation script tomorrow night. Then you can see the =
electrical circuit clearly.
  I'm not sure whether it can run or not.=20
  =20
  =20
 =20

"Pommerenke, David" <davidjp@xxxxxxx> =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA
    Li,

Your attached file was not delivered, but normally I just set initial =
conditions on the capacitor or the inductor that is part of the XTAL =
model.

Dr. David Pommerenke
Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST), former name: UMR
118 EECH, 301 W. 16th Street, Rolla, MO 65409-0040
573 341 4531, cell: 573 308 2019

  =20
  Did you add stimulus to start the spice simulation? For example, a 1ns =
pulse.
ADS has more choice on crystal simulation. Check the ADS help on =
oscillators.

Regards,
Haixiao