[SI-LIST] Re: How to do crystal simulation

  • From: 靖 李 <lijingdea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:40:05 +0800 (CST)

Hi David and Haixiao

  Thank you!
  I just got the crystal internal circuit.  It's  L. C. R in serial and
parallel with a C.
  I will have a try in Hspice with a initialized capacitor or inductor.
  The outside circuit is two capacitor( both of them is about 22ps) connected
crystal's output and input with a R(1Mohm) in parallel.
   I don't have ADS tool. So I can't use it. If necessory I will release the
Hspice simulation script tomorrow night. Then you can see the electrical
circuit clearly.
  I'm not sure whether it can run or not.

"Pommerenke, David" <davidjp@xxxxxxx> дµÀ£º
    Li,

Your attached file was not delivered, but normally I just set initial
conditions on the capacitor or the inductor that is part of the XTAL model.

Dr. David Pommerenke
Missouri University of Science and Technology (MST), former name: UMR
118 EECH, 301 W. 16th Street, Rolla, MO 65409-0040
573 341 4531, cell: 573 308 2019

  Did you add stimulus to start the spice simulation? For example, a
1ns pulse.
ADS has more choice on crystal simulation. Check the ADS help on
oscillators.

Regards,
Haixiao