[SI-LIST] Re: How to calculate the resistance and inductance of vias

  • From: "Ken Cantrell" <Ken.Cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxx>, "si-list" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:15:29 -0700

Zhangkun,
As far as I know: Andy quote -"I believe there are no closed
form solutions to all but the simplest of inductance problems.", is the
correct answer.  The same goes for via capacitance, and more importantly,
via impedance.  If anyone else on the list comes up with an analytical
solution, I'd love to hear about it.
Ken