[SI-LIST] How much stop frequency is enough for PCB model extraction in HDMI and USB interface ?

  • From: yardala <yardala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:07:04 +0800

When we use EM solver to extract  PCB model, the stop frequency is
usually set as knee frequency ( 0.5 /Tr).
for example, Let Tr =200ps of single end signal , then we set sweep stop
frequency at 2.5GHz.
but in differential HDMI or USB interfact, how to set this stop frequency

For example, we target at HDMI 1080P / deep color, the data rate around
2.225 Gbps, I don't know the signal
rise time, when we want to extract a PCB  S-model of HDMI  channel.
How to decide the stop frequency is good enough ?

Which is the major consideration,  signal rise time or data rate ?

Thanks for any advices.

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: