[SI-LIST] Re: [Help] How to do termination in differential signal with series termination ?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: King Da <yardala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:53:03 -0800

Yardala, in common circumstances the termination you propose is unusual
and would cause more problems than it would solve.  My advice is to keep
things simple and stick with termination at the receiver.  Eric's book
does an excellent job of discussing the options.  Your alternative is
to: dig in, do the homework, and figure out what you really have to get
done and the viable choices for doing so.  I would be very surprised if
after doing the homework you will find your proposed scheme viable.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: