[SI-LIST] HSpice IBIS Input/Output Buffer syntax

I'm assuming someone out there has used an Ibis I/O buffer in HSpice.
I was hoping you could clarify something for me:
For an input buffer, the node which connects to the circuit is nd_in, which
receives the signal sent to the buffer.
For an output buffer, the node which connects to the circuit is nd_out,
which sends a signal to the rest of the circuit.  The output of this node is
controlled by nd_in, which is where you connect your pulse voltage source or
whatever other stimulus you would like.
For an input/output buffer, there is another node called nd_en, to which you
must also attach a voltage source.  What is this node for?
It stands to reason that nd_out is what is connected to the rest of the
circuit, which acts as both an input and an output, depending on the state
of the buffer, and that nd_in is where you connect your stimulus when the
buffer is acting as an output buffer, but what about nd_en?  Does this node
get the same stimulus as nd_in?  Does it just get a 1 or a 0 dependent upon
the state of the buffer?
I would appreciate any input.   Thanks.

Patrick Carrier
Simulation Engineer - Signal Integrity Group
Dell Computer Corporation
Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxx
(512)723-4910