[SI-LIST] Re: HSPICE S-paramter questions

  • From: "Dmitriev-Zdorov, Vladimir" <vladimir_dmitriev-zdorov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:24:11 -0800

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I would not discuss the silicon model related
issues, this is not my area.

Just a short note about passivity:

*         the user is simulating pure passive interconnect. (a good
application of your software for passive characterizations.

There is no requirement that the interconnect model is passive. It can
be active and non-reciprocal. The only requirement is that the model is
linear and stationary, i.e. everything described as a touchstone.

BTW, ELDO supports slightly extended touchstone, where you can define
normalizing impedance individually for each port. Useful feature when we
need to put interconnect and power distribution models together.

Just a short question.

1.)  At least one 3rd party solution using Hspice recursive convolution
is extremely fast.

Do you mean that it is HSPICE that performs recursive convolution?

Regards,

Vladimir