[SI-LIST] Re: HSPICE & Common Model Interface

  • From: Al Davis <aldavis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sivi.cla@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:13:03 -0700

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 01:50 pm, Claudio Siviero
wrote:
> I'm a university student in electronic engineering at
> Politecnico di Torino (Italy) and I'm doing a thesis about
> signal integrity. I'm working with HSPICE from Avant!,
> version 99.2.
> I have a question about drawing up netlist file: is it
> possible to write in the instruction statement any functions
> in Borland C/C++ language.

> .....Or there is another way to do it?

At the risk of being lumped in with vendors pushing their
product .....

How about using a free/open-source simulator that has a model
compiler?  If you have the source, you can do anything.  Gnucap
has a model compiler, that accepts a C-like syntax, and
automates the generation of most of the actual code.  Then your
new device can be just like the built-in devices.

List archives are viewable at: