[SI-LIST] Re: HSDD: Re: SI Position Open READ THIS!!!!

  • From: John Howard <jhoward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: francis.kai@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:57:24 -0800

Gentlemen,
     I've thoroughly enjoyed this debate on the demise of EE education and
your thoughts on improving it.  I would like to let you all know of the
activity
by the IEEE EMC Society to at least do something about the paucity of EMC
education.  I chair a committee under the Education arm of the EMCS which
offers a modest grant to any qualified University (worldwide) to encourage
the initial offering of a EMC class to undergraduate and/or graduate
students.
As a long time EMC consultant I regularly teach classes on EMC and I very
much agree with the view that today's engineers are poorly gifted in some EE
fundamentals.  This has prompted me to carry the banner in a small way for
the EMCS.  I also agree with the earlier comment about the vanishing numbers
of qualified Fields and Waves professors.  They are becoming evanescent :-)
Come back to me if anyone is further interested in my University Grant deal.
Best Regards
John Howard
EMC Consultant

List archives are viewable at: