[SI-LIST] Re: HFSS vs. CST

  • From: Geoff Stokes <gstokes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:41:35 +0100

Hi

Using CST Microwave Studio - haven't tried HFSS.
CST Microwave Studio v 5 can switch between cartesian (rectangular) grid and
tetrahedral (triangular?).  We haven't tried tetrahedral yet, but the PBA is
supposed to fit to curved surfaces.  See

http://www.cst.de/Content/Company/Documents/mwjournal_Jan_2004.pdf

and also the rest of their site.

It seems quite fast without losses, but very slow when losses are included.
To get well-converging results, it seemed to need a mesh ratio of 50 rather
than the default of 10.  This actually speeds things up when parts of the
box volume don't need the finer mesh detail.  Any other findings?

Cheers
Geoff

Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world

EID Award Winners for  'Best Use of Technology' 2003 for the
AcoustarTM ZXCW8100 End-to-End Digital Audio Amplifier Controller

http://www.zetex.com

E-MAILS are susceptible to interference. You should not assume that
the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or that they
have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or omissions in
this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: