[SI-LIST] Re: Guard Rings ... DC - dielectric absorption effects

  • From: keithK EPD <epd2001usa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ci249534@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:22:31 -0500

A few more questions to the group:

1) if I use a guard ring would it be better to route it, very close or far away
from the ground ref that is on that layer?
          a second question ->  should it be close (say 5mil) around the
electrode or farther?
2) should there be 1 guard ring on top and/or 1 guard ring on the bottom layer
3) I have a series resistor (1m) on the input of each electrode , is it better
to keep the resistor closer to the electrode
or farther away?  ( the distance between the op amp and the electrode is only
0.060") / 5 mil or 25 mil trace, obviously
no vias.

Thanks in advance !

 Keith Kowal

www.product-designs.com