[SI-LIST] Re: Guard Rings ... DC - dielectric absorption effects

  • From: Cosmin Iorga <ci249534@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: keithK EPD <epd2001usa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:26:50 -0800 (PST)

Keith,
I'd like to bring one more comment on top of all the rest of good ideas and
advices for this question:

Depending on your specific physical design and functionality, dielectric
absorption may affect measurements and performance due to very long time
constant charge displacements inside the insulating materials, which from the
circuit functionality and troubleshooting perspective may look like leakage
currents.

Cosmin Iorga,
NoiseCoupling.com
http://www.noisecoupling.com