[SI-LIST] Re: Ground, the preferred reference plane

  • From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:42:33 -0800

Jeremy,

I would absolutely agree with Chris.  There is no time correlation at
the receivers between VTT, VDDQ and VREF.  Although all are created off
of the same supply, VDDQ, any noise  fluctuations are delayed in time
and are isolated by both the generation circuits, voltage dividers and
the physical propagation delays. Differential cancelation of the common
mode noise components generated within each receiving device can occur,
but externally generated common mode noise cannot be canceled, since it
is uncorrelated between each source.

regards,

scott

--