[SI-LIST] Re: Ground, the preferred reference plane

  • From: Chris Cheng <chris.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:17:07 -0800

I still don't understand what are you talking about. Almost all the high
performance package I've design or  came across have mulitple planes.
Sandwiching I/O signal between Gnd and VDDQ is simple to do and common
practice. Are you telling me there should be no power planes on a package
because there is potential DC shorting issue ?