[SI-LIST] Re: Granberg text

  • From: Sitar Moniker <si_monkey2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ludvik@xxxxxxxxxx, "'Si-List (E-mail)'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:54:43 -0700 (PDT)

I second this opinion. I own this book and spent a lot of time with it. You
will notice author's tremendous effort to put a lot of SI info scattered here
and there and the www in one place. The book helps you better if you already
know the subject matter.

Like any handbook, it is a collection of reports authored by several
individuals or companies. As such, I did not get a feel for the author (as
compared to when you read, for example, Bogatin's Signal Integrity -
Simplified; or Dally and Poulton's Digital Systems Engineering).

If you are looking for system level understanding, the book provides all
ingredients. Work on it and come up with your recipe. Then only you will
appreciate worth of this book.
ludvik@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is very practical and industry oriented book. I think it is an
excellent reference for practicing SI engineer. I rate it 8 out of 10.

Ludvik Kindl