[SI-LIST] Fwd: Re: High Impedance Traces are prone to Radio Frequency Interference

  • From: Bi Han <mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List` Si <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:16:09 +0800 (CST)

I am not familiar with this topic in RF way.  But wanna to give some
information.

I think since the node is of high-impedance property, which means it do not
have good driver to provide stable voltage potential, it should be sensitive to
noise, which is a common sense in low frequency circuits.

Let us imagine two scenarios for comparison.
1. Ground trace(well driven by the earth ): which is perfect immune to any noise
2. floating metal brick (no driven): which will be coupled easily by nearby
metal trace.

Is the explanation ok?

By the way, I am trying to explain the issue in RF way. If the crosstalk comes
to one metal trace, and the ends of the trace was of high-impedance property,
then the reflection wave will be positive and make the voltage swing to double
magitude, which made the crosstalk worse, am I right?

BH

Lim Guan Choon <guanchoon.lim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, all. Could anyone help to explain why high impedance traces are =
prone to Radio frequency interference? I have come across this kind of =
remark in articles, but no explanation why it is so. Please help.

Warmest regards

Lim

List archives are viewable at:

List archives are viewable at: