[SI-LIST] Full device simulator?

  • From: Stuart Brorson <sdb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:14:12 -0500

Hello --

I am looking around for full semiconductor device simulators.  I need
something which does finite-element modeling of a structure, and
incorporates the effects of carrier drift & diffusion, as well as models
the evolution of the E&M field around the device.  I want to use it to
model non-linear transmission line devices, where you need to worry about
wave propagation as well as carriers moving around.

What commercial pacakges are available for this kind of work?  Are there
any research-grade (i.e. university projects) simulators available also?

Thanks,

Stuart

List archives are viewable at: