[SI-LIST] Re: Flash with JTAG ISP

  • From: CJ Clark <cjclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dimiter.popoff@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <dimiter.popoff@xxxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:52:20 -0400

Hello Siva,
Yes, that's right. The FLASH itself does not need
to have 1149.1 (jtag), just a component that has 1149.1
connected to it.  FLASH programming times through
EXTEST based 1149.1 are very much dependent on the type of FLASH,
the length of the scan-chains and the TCK frequency.
The basic technique is described here:
http://www.intellitech.com/products/eclipseboundaryscanflash.asp.
There is a new method as well if you need to program rapidly. You can read a
backgrounder on various FLASH programming techniques
here:  http:/www.intellitech.com/products/fac.asp

Regards,
CJ

Intellitech Corporation
70 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824            Embedded Test and
PH:603-868-7116 FX:603-868-7119            FPGA configuration

List archives are viewable at: