[SI-LIST] Re: Finding the impedance of a PCB trace

  • From: Doug Brooks <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxx, <GrahamDavies@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:29:04 -0700

>OK, looking at this more closely, I get

1. With Polar, no trace trapezoidal assumption (6 mil, 1 oz, rectangular)
       Zo = 47.38

2. Polar, WITH trapezoidal assumption, 6 mil bottom, 5 mil top
      Zo = 50.49

3. UltraCAD's UCCALC, automatically assumes a trapezoid, nominal 6 mil bottom
      Zo = 48.5

4.  HyperLynx, assumes 6 mil x 1 oz rectangular
      Zo = 47.6    (Bill, I don't know why you got a larger value!)

Doug Brooks

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org